[consulting] REVISED RFP FOR DRUPAL DEVELOPER - Deadline November 18, 2010

Sam Cohen sam at samcohen.com
Thu Nov 11 21:45:24 UTC 2010

I'm going to differ a bit on this.  I don't think the project is
unreasonable at all as long as the client is flexible and willing to work
with you..

Sure, if you have a client who wants everything done is a very specific way
then with that type of time line it would be impossible.

But as long as  the client understands open source and understands Drupal,
you can build an amazing site very fast.  I think it's premature to dismiss
any situation as possible or impossible or under budget without first
assessing the client's willingness to work with you.

On a project like this, I'd say to the client, for that much money you can
have me for X number of hours.  We will keep time to a minimum by trying to
incorporate existing modules, and possibly adapting the requirements to
those modules.  Where necessary we will customize things, but we will try to
keep that to the minimum necessary.

As long as the client understands that the work is based on hours and not
specific specs, there's no reason it won't work. In fact, you can come in
way under budget.

Best,

Sam

http://samcohen.com