[consulting] Online Donation Service Recommendation

Christian Pearce pearcec at xforty.com
Wed Nov 24 12:51:34 UTC 2010

The PayPal issue is tough to deal with. We too experienced a lot of requests for it. But the % was small compared to the over all amount of donors. But on bigger campaigns raising hundreds of thousands it was a must. I agree the trust issue is there if the site doesn't look the same when they get redirected. One reason I was hoping for the ability to try and theme it as close as possible.

----- "Sean Effel" <admin at drupaltherapy.com> wrote:
> Re: Online Donation Service Recommendation
>
> I've got an organization that uses Drupal with the Ubercart and Paypal
> to collect donations. They get a lot of micropayments (under $5)
> through Paypal, which is in their cheapest fee structure (ie you get to
> keep the most amount of the donation for your organization).
>
> There are thousands of other payment collecting services out there, but
> this organization found that website visitors did not trust a service
> they didn't recognize. That's why they chose Paypal.
>
> You could look at Chip In, that service let's you designate a
> fundraising goal and displays a thermometer style widget to let
> potential donors see how close the goal is. Chip In also automatically
> lists donors to the campaign, which is a nice convenience.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Sean

xforty technologies
Christian Pearce