[consulting] Online Donation Service Recommendation

Jamie intoxination at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 13:19:32 UTC 2010

Yeah you pretty much have to do it by hand anyways. The problem is that
a lot of the third party merchant services won't accept payments for
political or any other service because fraud is high when dealing with
services. They pretty much stick with accepting payment on tangible
items only.

Another thing to consider, especially in the political world, is the
service charges involved with merchant services. PayPal and Google is by
far the cheapest, charging around 2-3% per transaction. Most of the
other ones charge 8-10%, and I've seen some as high as 14%. That's a
pretty steep charge for any political campaign.

There are more specialized services out there for this purpose. Not sure
if this is a partisan race or not, but one service for the Democratic
side that comes to mind is http://blueutopia.com/ They offer a secure
donation page on their own servers, which you can customize to your
site's appearance.

Jamie Holly
http://www.intoxination.net
http://www.hollyit.net