[consulting] Thoughts on using the word "Drupal" on your business site and in marketing

Sam Cohen sam at samcohen.com
Sun Feb 6 14:16:25 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I finally put up a new site <http://new-media-solutions.com> for my business
-- it's so much easier to do other people's sites!!  I showed to a friend
last night.  First thing they said was "what's Drupal?"

Just curious what other people's thoughts are in using the word "Drupal" in
your branding, such a "we build Drupal sites"

On the pro side, if that's what you do, you should make it really clear, so
people looking for Drupal work can find you. (and there seems to be no
shortage of people looking for Drupal work)

On the other hand, most people not in the business have no clue what Drupal,
or how to pronounce it for that matter, so is using "Drupal" prominently on
your site potentially turning away business?

I'm curious what others are thinking on this topic. Do you put Drupal front
and center?  Do you not mention it at all?

Sam Cohen, Principal
New Media Solutions <http://new-media-solutions.com>
Drupal Training & Services