[consulting] Video Streaming Provider recommendations

Greg Knaddison Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Thu Jan 13 14:05:57 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 6:32 AM, Christian Pearce <pearcec at xforty.com> wrote:
> We are currently working on a project that is going to be heavy on embedded
> video content.  From what I understand most of our customers are not going
> to be happy with youtube or vimeo, since the player is branded with youtube
> or vimeo.  We certainly don't want to host the video ourselves.  A
> recommendation from Aaron Winborn that is well heeded.

You can brand Vimeo however you want at the Pro level, but they don't
allow "commercial" videos. My sense is that they will tolerate
commercial videos until/unless your bandwidth usage hits a level they
don't like and then they'll drop the account.

> 1. Does anyone have experience with fliqz that they would care to share good
> or bad.

Sorry, no experience with that.

> 2. Are there other service providers that would offer the same functionality
> that I should be looking at.

There's a comparison Wiki - http://groups.drupal.org/node/87574 - I
encourage you to review that and add Fliqz to that list.

Regards,
Greg
--
Greg Knaddison | 720-310-5623 | http://growingventuresolutions.com