[consulting] Contract protection clause

jeff at ayendesigns.com jeff at ayendesigns.com
Wed Mar 23 15:55:44 UTC 2011

I have three clauses in my standard contract that address this. One is
to define the licensing of elements (graphics, code, etc.).  The second,
below, intellectual property...you would add to that list. The third is
about confidential information and the protection of it.

Each party shall retain ownership of the Intellectual Property that they
possess upon the signing of this contract. In the case of PROVIDER, this
includes, but is not limited to, functions, methods, libraries,
techniques, standards and general know-how with regards to software
development, subject matter, and web site development.