[consulting] Purpose?

Alex Urevick-Ackelsberg alex at zivtech.com
Wed Mar 23 16:42:24 UTC 2011

I don't really get what you're getting at here. Anytime you post something,
e-mail it, mail it via carrier pigeon, etc., you should have the expectation
that your words either are, or may become, public. If you're not comfortable
with "your bosses" reading what you write about them, don't write it.
Otherwise, assume it's all public and behave accordingly. (Note, I'm not
saying "behave online", I'm saying "behave like yourself online")

And btw, the whole point of owning my own shop is to not have a "boss". For
that matter, I like not having someone tell me what I should or should not
say to whomever I feel like saying it. So- if you're afraid your words might
be used against you, and you're uncofortable with that fact, then I really
suggest you stop talking/writing. Me? I try to live by the wise words of the
modern America philosopher Redman, when he said "if you gotta be a monkey,
be a gorilla" ("I'll be that... I'll be that..."), and I'm happy as hell
that my words "could and will be used against me in a court of" public
opinion (including potential bosses).

--
Alex Urevick-Ackelsberg
Partner | CEO