[consulting] Purpose?

netsperience rgoya at netsperience.org
Wed Mar 23 17:07:39 UTC 2011

> The good thing about this list is that a lot of the self-appointed
> list-police have gone away.
that IS a good thing, I left a forum community I valued because the mods
forbade me to insist on precision (particularly when I happened to be
right and they were wrong), eg that <title> is NOT a meta tag or that
sometimes a security compromise must be juggled with function when
installing a 3rd party app that requires a certain PHP configuration
(not about Drupal)
> My conclusion is that it might serve
> us better to have a consulting-topics list and a consulting-jobs list.
I disagree - that would likely dilute the discussions across 2 separate
lists and people would be confused where to post, particularly potential
clients or n00bs like me, and consulting-jobs would become a low-quality
list of jobs also posted elsewhere with no real purpose.

Randall Goya (decibel.places) http://netsperience.org

Drupal: http://drupal.org/user/58977
Twitter: http://twitter.com/decibelplaces
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Decibel-Places/100000187748486