[consulting] Rate question

nan wich nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 29 23:39:12 UTC 2011

Oh, trust me, if this state can tax it, they do. That's why we call it
Tax-achusetts.

But no one ever really does business with my company; only with me.

Nancy

From: Fred Jones
> A few years ago, a recruiter told me that saying "Sel employed" on a resume
> is the same as "UN employed." So I gave myself a company name. It is not
> registered anywhere, and certainly not a legal corporation.

In some states that may be legal. In others (like Michigan) you can
register a DBA for like $10 or $40 and then use that legally. It's a
sole proprietorship and so legally you are still a freelancer, but you
can use the name. :)