[consulting] Server Specs

Joe Hyde joeghyde at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 15:43:13 UTC 2011

Here's the huge secret 2-step for tuning VPS systems. (Personally, I
use the mediatemple VE cloud servers with Ubuntu. Love it. Hammer
http://www.sanangelolive.com and see if it's slow (-;)

1. Without doing much of anything, tune your httpd.conf to these specs:
http://drupal.org/node/215516

2. If you are really, really ambitious, trying installing Project
Mercury... These are the most complete instructions and work on just
about any clean install of Ubuntu Lucid:
http://library.linode.com/application-stacks/project-mercury/ubuntu-10.04-lucid-print

Joe Hyde
Hyde Interactive
http://www.sanangelolive.com/
(214) 893-6791

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 9:03 AM, Fred Jones <fredthejonester at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the responses. Seems MySQL is not the culprit because this
> is typical for an authenticated user:
>
> Page execution time was 3455.42 ms. Executed 540 queries in 69.4 milliseconds.
>
> They anyway have ordered a new VPS from a big-name host and we will
> try it there and see if it's automatically a lot better. After that I
> will try to look and see what else can be fixed. I will look into the
> suggestions made here.
>
> Thanks,
> Fred

Joe Hyde