[consulting] Feasibility

Ms. Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 13 16:57:28 UTC 2012

I have done the upgrades both ways (5->6 + 6->7 as well as rebuilds). For me, it's largely a toss up, but I am finding more and more that sites still on 5 are there because it was difficult to go to 6, therefore will be difficult to get to 7. So, I am now approaching all D5 sites as though they are most likely going to need rebuilding. I have one major D5 site left currently, and I know it is going to be a rebuild of epic proportions (other bids have run in excess of $100K). But while we're at it, the site also needs a significant redesign, so we might as well bite the bullet and do it all together.

Also, having experienced going in behind someone that didn't know what they were doing makes rebuilding a higher likelihood.

Nancy

> From: Sam Tresler

" Part of providing value as a consultant is knowing when we should and