[consulting] Question about using Drupal for large searchable database

Alex Pavlovic alex.pavlovic at taskforce-1.com
Wed May 2 15:56:27 UTC 2012

He didn't explain yet what the search fields are. You don't need overhead of Solr for searching on a integer column for example. Drupal / views or a query can
handle this fine with a column index.

Solr is intended for full text searches. I am still amazed people are recommending this before actually asking him to post what the client is going to be
searching on.