[consulting] consulting Digest, Vol 89, Issue 2

Doug Johnson doug at asknice.com
Thu Aug 8 02:33:15 UTC 2013

And I do a mix. I have the big behemoth with multiple monitors at home,
laptop with multiple monitors at work AND the big wrinkle that makes it
work, all my development is done on VMs that I can run on either box (or
can transfer to a new one whenever I want).

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 7:16 PM, Cameron Eagans <cweagans at gmail.com> wrote:

> Am I the only one that attaches multiple monitors to my laptop? A desktop
> like experience and portability are not mutually exclusive. At my desk, I
> have an enhanced experience due to my multiple monitors, vertical keyboard,
> vertical mouse, etc. When I'm mobile, I can still get things done.
>
> --
> Cameron Eagans
>

> On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 4:46 PM, Sam Moore <smoore at resonetrics.com> wrote:
>
>> I work on a laptop when I have to, but got addicted to dual monitors and
>> the associated increased screen real estate 20 years ago.
>> It's hard enough looking at my work through the despicably lo-res portal
>> that our displays represent, but at least on the desktop I have two of them.
>>
>>   *Sam Moore*
>> *smoore at resonetrics.com*
>> *http://resonetrics.com*
>> *http://technologyformarketers.com*
>> *http://www.linkedin.com/in/sammooreatresonetrics*
>> *http://drupal.org/user/57956*
>>

>> On Aug 7, 2013, at 7:37 PM, Nancy Wichmann <nan_wich at bellsouth.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Well, Fred, you may be the only GUY left on a desk top.
>>
>> My current employer provides me with a laptop, so I am somewhat compelled
>> to use it. But when I come home, most of the time is on my trusty 9 year
>> old Win XP desktop. I guess it's sort of like well-worn shoes.
>>
>> *Nancy
>> *
>>

>> Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. -- Dr. Martin L.
>> King, Jr.

"Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence" -
Napoleon
*Doug Johnson
*
*Solution Visionary*