[consulting] Technical question about subscription to view results

Audrius Naslenas audrius.naslenas at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 01:25:24 UTC 2013

Hello,

It is pretty silent there, so would like to ask a question about
situation like this: Drupal site, lets say e-shop has a list of products
which is view of nodes, where registered user can filter it by many
different fields. User wants to subscribe to that filtered view so he
can get email about changes in those filtered view results - node
created, edited, deleted or any other condition. To say simple:
1. Subscribe to changes in filtered view results.
2. Get those results by email asap or every predefined interval
3. Delete the subscription, manage subscriptions and other common
operations, restrictions, access control, integration to Rules etc

The task seemed pretty straightforward, but in reality cannot find the
right "design" for this: should I use Subscriptions, Notifications or
build complex Rules? Custom module!!!??? Should I chose the ****tions
module which has the last commit many months ago and extend it if some
small functionality is missing? Message module and some Rules magic -
isn't it too much OG oriented? Flag + Rules magic????

Please give me a direction as never did any project with similar
requirements and have only basic knowledge in
Subscriptions/Notifications frameworks. I believe that this
functionality is not something magically new but got stuck as search on
the internet is surprisingly silent so I have a sense that it is because
my English skills do not let me to choose right keywords or the answer
is dead simple but cannot see it clearly.

Thank you for your help, regards,
Audrius

---