[consulting] Mobilizing Mobile using Mobile Tools and Boost

Joe Hyde joeghyde at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 14:09:07 UTC 2013

Don't use mobile tools module. Instead, do the theme switching in
settings.php, using the presence of the 'm.*' in the domain name to switch
the theme. That way, Varnish and everything else will work, and I believe
it provides better performance.

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 1:33 AM, Ryan Cross <drupal at ryancross.com> wrote:

> I think you might be better off spending your time/money/resources to
> upgrade/migrate to D7 and use a responsive design on the new site.
>
> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 4:15 PM, liza chua <lizachua28 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi! Hope everyone is fine. I would like to ask for your expertise about
>> using mobile tools and boost together in creation of mobile drupal. We
>> already have a Drupal 6 installed and after 3 years we have decided to
>> create a mobile version of it.
>>
>> I've seen several tutorials but none of them is working on my set up. I'm
>> using a subdomain m.mobile.com and it's pointing to our existing
>> installation of drupal. That's also multi site with 1 db set up. Any
>> response of a working samples from you guys will be very much appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks!

Joe Hyde
Interactive Advertising
http://www.hydeinteractive.com