[consulting] Mobile App pulling Drupal Data

Sam Cohen sam at samcohen.com
Fri Mar 1 14:41:34 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Glad to see this list come back to life.  (I expect someone will complain
about inappropriate posts/topics any moment)

I often get requests from clients to build simple mobile apps that pull in
data from their Drupal site.  For example, a client just asked for a simple
app that would basically pull in updates from their blog.

The wisdom of such as App aside,  I don't do this type of work and don't
really know anyone who does.

A couple of questions.

1. Any idea what a simple app like this -- IOS and Android -- should cost
to have built?  Including any associated costs of adding it to itunes, etc?

2. Any tools out there that would help build a simple App like this without
having to learn how to build apps.  I'm thinking add rss feed, get app type
of thing?

3. If anyone out there does this and is interested in the work, feel free
to contact me off list. (I don't know if I will get bombarded with emails,
so I apologize in advance if I don't get back to you -- a rough cost
estimate in your email to me would definitely be helpful)

Thanks,
Sam

Sam Cohen, Principal
New Media Solutions <http://new-media-solutions.com>