[consulting] quick advice on db flush

Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 10 10:59:50 UTC 2013

You can clear the cache tables without problem, but they will fill back up quickly. The access log may be cleared, but may affect activity reports about your site. Do NOT clear the search index unless you want site search to break. Node revisions rows may be selectively deleted, but you need to know what you are doing.

If you are running Drupal 7, you should be using INNODB, which shouldn't fragment as badly as MYISAM, which is used in Drupal 6. The latter's tables can be deflated by using the OPTIMIZE command.

Nancy