[drupal-devel] [feature] re-assign all nodes from deleted users to anonymous.

lgarfiel drupal-devel at drupal.org
Sat Aug 6 19:36:48 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/28345
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/28345

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    node.module
 Category:     feature requests

I would definitely prefer to have content remain around and flagged
anonymous rather than be deleted.  That's especially true for
historical data in a site where the user population is transient.  I'd
make it an option in the settings somewhere which to default to, so
that it's harder to forget and do it wrong if your usual preference
doesn't match up with the expected default. :-)

lgarfiel

Previous comments:

Sat, 06 Aug 2005 14:48:02 +0000 : kubaZygmunt

I've added node_user hook, to re-assign all content from deleted users
to anonymous during deleting.

Sat, 06 Aug 2005 15:56:43 +0000 : mathias

-1

I think most admins expect that when a user is deleted, their content
is also deleted or at least hidden.

While I don't want to see a GUI for this, I still like the idea of
controlling finer Drupal details though the $conf init array in
settings.php.

Sat, 06 Aug 2005 16:00:18 +0000 : Thomas Ilsche

By the way: For my work (soc testsuite project) it would be quite handy
to have a dedicated user_delete function (like user_save). Is there any
policy or plan against this.

Thomas Ilsche

Sat, 06 Aug 2005 16:31:56 +0000 : nysus

I think whether or not cotent gets deleted when a user does should be
optional.  When deleting a user, there should be a checkbox that says
"Delete user's content," defaulted to on.  Or there should at least be
a warning.

Quite a bit of the site could get unwittingly obliterated.  I've had
this happen to me.  I set up a test account.  Then I added some content
with the account.  After I was done with the account, I was quite
surprised to discover all the content gone.