[drupal-devel] no ?> needed at the end of modules

Robert Douglass rob at robshouse.net
Sun Aug 21 16:51:25 UTC 2005

David, I'd be fine with that stance if the file we were talking about
were a "developer" file, like file.inc. The patch that chx is going to
roll will address settings.php only. It is the only file that really
causes a problem.

Furthermore, if the cause of your missing semicolon weren't programmer's
error, but rather a mismatch between \n and \r on different OSs, and it
kept popping up automatically every time a file created in one OS got
loaded into a different OS, AND the damn thing wasn't necessary or
mandated by the language to begin with, you might just leave it out.
Especially if the people having problems are the non-programmers that
don't even know about line endings and OSs and just want to make a
website, and will be just as happy to use Wordpress if Drupal can't even
survive a CPanel/Fantastico install.