[development] valid_input_data no more available on 4.6.4

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Thu Dec 8 12:06:21 UTC 2005

On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 12:45:57 +0100, Fabio Varesano
<fabio.varesano at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody.
>
> I just received a bug report on the bug tracking
> system of my css.module .
> http://drupal.org/node/40340
>
> As wrote there function valid_input_data has been
> removed from 4.6.4 .
>
> Why does it been removed?
> What can we use for input checking? filter_xss?
>
> I think that this change (and others) should be
> documented on the handbooks.

I agree and I already mailed the list yesterday on this.

You can't really do input checking now, valid_input_data was broken beyond
repair. We are filtering on output (this was so since long), use
check_plain , check_url and check_output as appropriate. check_output when
you have a filter format, check_url when you want to display a url and
check_plain otherwise if you output your own content.

Regards

NK