[development] Setting taxonomy term titles

Nedjo Rogers nedjo at islandnet.com
Mon Dec 12 05:45:30 UTC 2005

> Does anyone have any ideas of how I can change the title on the
> taxonomy/term page to something nicer without having to hack too much of
> core.

You could use a _help hook, or similar, like:

function example_help($section) {
  if ((arg(0) == 'taxonomy') && (arg(1) == 'term)) {
    $tids = arg(2);
    $title = [however you want to parse it];
    drupal_set_title($title);
  }
}

I use a similar workaround in taxonomy_context.module.  Some time back I
suggested a 'view' op in the _taxonomy hook, http://drupal.org/node/10399.
I'd say your question is an example of where this would be useful.