[development] Drupal Main Theme page - A Suggestion for Improvements

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Tue Dec 20 22:30:44 UTC 2005

On 20 Dec 2005, at 22:58, Bèr Kessels wrote:
>> Contextlinks: http://drupal.org/project/contextlinks
>> Whatsrelated: http://drupal.org/node/24307
>
> May I add http://drupal.org/node/24719 ?
>
> That is a general API for handling weblinks. It comes with great
> examples and
> all that. There is currenlt a lot of work done to get this ready
> for 4.7.

The (web)links module is in the too-much-overhead-and-complexity-for-
a-simple-task camp.  We just want to display some context sensitive
information.  That information can either be text, links or a
combination of both.  IMO, a simple block or block region -- maybe
with some extra CSS -- should do the trick, and creates virtually no
run-time or maintenance overhead.