[drupal-devel] [feature] Allow Authenticated users to Post Anonymously

moshe weitzman drupal-devel at drupal.org
Wed Feb 2 20:47:28 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      4.5.2
 Component:    comment.module
 Category:     feature requests

i don't think thats a permission so much as an admin preference.

moshe weitzman

Previous comments:

January 28, 2005 - 19:49 : javanaut

This patch adds a checkbox that logged in users see when posting
comments that allows them to post anonymously without having to log out
first.  Still needed would be a permission surrounding it that could be
enabled/disabled, as I would imagine that not all sites would want
their users to be able to comment anonymously (even if they were
required to login first).

January 30, 2005 - 00:32 : javanaut

I'm changing this to status: patch so that it gets seen.  I'm not sure
what an appropriate mechanism would be to make it optional.  Would that
be a permission "allow logged in users to post anonymously"?

Edit: http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/16366