[drupal-devel] Up for some serious benchmarking?

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Wed Feb 2 22:27:36 UTC 2005

<redLED_> so uh, if there are any takers, i can offer a playground to
test on
<Bart> but first you need a way to benchmark it, i'd like something
better than ab
<Dries_> redLED_, how long would that playground be available?
<redLED_> lets say uh
<redLED_> 7 - 13 of February?
<redLED_> Dries_, 2.4Ghz Intel Pentium IV, 1GB RAM, 40GB IDE HD, 100Mbps
Ethernet x 2
<redLED_> Dries_, I can run load generator from Dual Intel Xeon 2.4Ghz
w/4GB RAM and 1GigE Interface to simulate more than aquedate load.
<Dries_> redLED_, so how would that work?  We get shell access to the
machine, and poke you to start/stop the load generator?
<redLED_> Dries_, you get shell access to the web machines (they're
heading for a reinstall afterwards)
<redLED_> and for load generator, you'll need to provide me a tarball i
can extract and run, a shell is possible but i'll need to know the
person interested in running it
<redLED_> that machine is in production for other puproses which are a
lot more evil
<Dries_> redLED_, a tarball with?
<redLED_> the desired benchmarking utility and preconfigured scenarios
<redLED_> lets do this otherwise
<redLED_> 2 x root on linux boxes + 1 x shell on faster box suitable for
load generation
<redLED_> i forget about it for a week
<redLED_> and come reclaim it later

I suggest comparing Drupal 4.6.0 and Drupal 4.5.2.