[drupal-devel] settings inconsistencies

Andre Molnar mcsparkerton at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 8 09:11:05 UTC 2005

Andre Molnar wrote:
> Dries Buytaert wrote:
>
>  > I like the idea but it's hard to evaluate without being able to see it
>  > in action.
>
> I'll implement it on my demo site and post when its ready - I'll roll a
> patch if it looks good to you.

Dries,

Attached is a screen shot of what I have done on my demo site with the
user module menus.

Notes:
1) I know 'list' seems to be the standard default local task name, but I
hope everyone can see that the 3 tabs named 'users' 'roles' and
'configure' are much more clear.
2) I know that 'add user' doesn't look all that sharp, but everyone
should keep in mind that local tasks and secondary local tasks are
themable (i.e. if you don't like the way it looks you can do something
about it).

If people think that this makes sense, I will roll a full patch.  I am
actually in the middle of cleaning up a number of items in 'user.module'
that I came across while working out the menus. (e.g. I've fixed broken
help text links and I am noticing a few coding inconsistencies in this
module that I hope to improve).

Also look for a patch to menu.inc - I found a tiny bug in the way local
task menus are created.

andre