[drupal-devel] Dealing with spam (was rel=nofollow)

Bèr Kessels berdrupal at tiscali.be
Thu Jan 20 13:32:40 UTC 2005

Op donderdag 20 januari 2005 11:18, schreef Dries Buytaert:
> That said, the more we can co-operate to fight spam, the better.  I'm
> just not sure how it would work, or whether it would be successful.

I do not beleive in a central effort coding wise. As Dries points out, there's
too much to do when centralising such an effort.

What I /do/ beleive will be a great improvement is p2p sharing of the filtered
tokens, regexps et al. I discuseed this on IRC lately, and Morbus had some
great ideas on this.

First of all it should be shared over a closed XML feed.
We can use drupalIds and a special role to secure the ahraing (we dont want
spammers to learn from our tokens).
Both peers need to confirm sharing.
If I remove something on my side, the XML feed must dictate (or propose)
deletion on the other sides too. Otherwise it would be an ever growing blob.

Regards,
 Bèr
--
 [ Bèr Kessels | Drupal services www.webschuur.com ]