[drupal-devel] Making Drupal fully 'community-driven': A Proposal for restructuring the Drupal project

Gerhard Killesreiter killesreiter at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jan 21 08:08:19 UTC 2005

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, Adrian Rossouw wrote:

> On 20 Jan 2005, at 11:06 PM, Nedjo Rogers wrote:
> > Hence this set of concrete proposals. Their aim is to set out new,
> > expanded
> > roles for decision making, while ensuring that the current values of
> > rigourous code evaluation and development are maintained.
>
> I think it works as it is presently. And I don't think I am alone.

You are not.

> The structure is similiar to the way the linux kernel is developed,

Indeed.

> and I think we benefit from having Dries at the head.

Yep. :)

As long as Dries thinks the current development model is viable (ie not
too much work for him) I do not think we need to change anything.

What we should maybe try to communicate to the outside world is how our
development model works. But I think there already is a rather good page
by Nedjo in the handbook.

Cheers,
	Gerhard