[drupal-devel] unlimited comments displayed on drupal.org is a hack?

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Thu Jan 27 14:00:18 UTC 2005

> Would the 0 special number be fine to signal an unlimited number? Or to
> put differently: is it desired that users be able to disable comment
> display (by setting their comment dislay number to 0), or is 0 free to
> take to use as a special number for 'unlimited'? Just collecting
> information to form a patch :)

Hrm. Well, if we want both functionality, I'd propose:

  -1: display all, no paging.
   0: display no comments at all.

In the long run, I think that EVEN if your patch DOESN'T address "no
comments at all", and EVEN if everyone on here says "No, we'll never want
no comments", I STILL think -1 is better for unlimited. By itself, "0"
OoOozes "display none", not "display all", and if a -1 makes people go
"hmm. that's an odd value, wander what that me... ah!" then, the code'll
be better for it.

--
Morbus Iff ( you are nothing without your robot car, NOTHING! )
Spidering Hacks: http://amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596005776/disobeycom