[drupal-devel] New themeable function for buttons?

Bèr Kessels berdrupal at tiscali.be
Thu Jul 7 08:52:09 UTC 2005

Op donderdag 07 juli 2005 08:50, schreef Robert Douglass:
> One more thought on the topic:
>
> When you offer the user two choices {Confirm | Cancel} they should both
> use the same interface. If they were both links I'd be disappointed but
> would get used to it. Mixing them up is what seems so wrong.

Its indeed the inconsistency that makes it feel annoying. In the beginning. We
are so used to our desktop applications having buttons for links,  that we
expect to see them everywhere. When we get to a place (Drupal) were we see
the correct behaviour, we think this is wrong.

An de-facto standard is still a standard. But not all standards are the best
behaviour.

So far, Robert, you are the only one that brought up any good reasons for
having a button. I think if we can get a few more of these valid reasons it
is worth discussion.

An "I don't like it" is not a valid reason. It a fact. So please people, come
up with arguments on why to change this back to a button.

Regards,
 Bèr
--
 [ Bèr Kessels | Drupal services www.webschuur.com ]