[drupal-devel] inline checkbox for attachements

Bèr Kessels berdrupal at tiscali.be
Fri Jun 17 17:22:23 UTC 2005

Hi there,

I am about to propose a solution to a client of mine for the attachments. She
thinks the current system is **** horrible (well, in fact she said much more,
but that is not poilite over the mailinglist)

Amoungst the various options of additional modules (inline, img assist etc) I
want to propose the Simple Solution too. Which would be another column in the
attchements table for "inline". That would then call a theme function that
gets a $node pointer passed along. y default all it will do is append image
tags (if it is an image) or link tags, if it is a file to the article. That
would be at filter time, so one will not see the HTML.

I am:
* Looking around first to find out how much chance that this makes it into
core, since I will not "sell" a hacked core to this client. We have no proper
hook to change that table, so maybe a third solution would be to introduce
one.
* Looking for additional ideas, on how to enlarge the chance this gets in
core.
* Thinking of how this will conflict with modules such as inline module.

Regards,
 Bèr
--
 [ Bèr Kessels | Drupal services www.webschuur.com ]