[drupal-devel] promote to frontpage: confusing.

Andre Molnar mcsparkerton at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 8 02:04:49 UTC 2005

-1 for this change - UNLESS there is empirical data to suggest that the
majority of Drupal installs do not use the default front page (i.e. they
use something else).

"Promote to front page" is not confusing in any way.  And if someone is
advanced enough to change their front page, I think they would
understand that "Promote to front page" means "Promote to the page that
is normally the front page."

The real solution is to test what the default front page is (perhaps
even create and store a new flag) and change the wording of the option
box based on that.

Pseudo code:

If($default_front_page) {
	form_checkboxes(t('Promote to front page') /*MORE CODE*/);
}
else {
	form_checkboxes(t('Is Headline') /*MORE CODE*/);
}

Long story short - The cons of the proposed change AS IS outweigh the pros.

andre