[drupal-devel] A Folksonomy module

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Tue Mar 8 21:27:42 UTC 2005

> Last year there was a post here suggesting a "system" type of taxonomy
> vocabulary that would use the taxonomy tables but provide no user

For a similar implementation, take a look at forums within 4.6 - they use
a special taxonomy that is not modifiable through "normal" taxo means.

> I've been looking at a similar idea to re-use the taxonomy module for a
> folksonomy. It looks to me like almost every function in taxonomy would
> have to be modified or replaced. And I don't think taxonomy would cope
> well with the target of 1000 tags in a folksonomy vocabulary.

Could you explain to me why you feel this way? I'm not seeing it.

--
Morbus Iff ( you are nothing without your robot car, NOTHING! )
Spidering Hacks: http://amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596005776/disobeycom