[drupal-devel] files folder error

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Tue Mar 15 18:44:45 UTC 2005

Anyways, I just updated my INSTALL cleanup patch
to include two updates per this mailing list thread.
The crontab text now includes an example of what
uses it (search, in this case, the most "oh, ok"):

+   Many Drupal modules (such as the search functionality) have periodic
+   tasks that must be triggered by a cron job. To activate these tasks,
+   call the cron page by visiting http://www.example.com/cron.php --
+   this will pass control to the modules and the modules will decide if
+   and what they must do.

And, added a block about the files/ directory:

+   You should consider creating a "files" subdirectory in your Drupal
+   installation directory. This subdirectory stores files such as
+   custom logos, user avatars, and other media associated with your
+   new site. The sub-directory requires "read and write" permission
+   by the Drupal server process. You can change the name of this
+   subdirectory at "Administer > Settings > File system settings".

--
Morbus Iff ( you are nothing without your robot car, NOTHING! )
Spidering Hacks: http://amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596005776/disobeycom