[drupal-devel] Core Folksonomy: First Code Available

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Wed Mar 16 12:36:19 UTC 2005

> So given that we're developing very similar code in parallel, how do we
> work closer together? This isn't a problem while we're all experimenting
> and still trying to clarify the approach.

The biggest difference between our efforts is that I'm now angling
toward a) all core, b) smallest code possible. As such, the core patch
I'll be contributing will:

  * NOT have any sort of "My Tags" functionality (it'll
    log the uids as I've previously planned, but it
    won't actually do anything with them),

  * NOT have any sort of "Similar Keywords" functionality
    http://www.disobey.com/detergent/2005/similar_keywords.jpg

  * NOT have any new block to show Neighboring Keywords.

The goal here is just to get SOMETHING functional into core.

 > So given that we're developing very similar code in parallel,
 > how do we work closer together? This isn't a problem while

With that said, after the core patch, I'll begin working on a new
contrib module called "taxonomy_similar" (or something) to display the
"Similar Keywords" I need. Perhaps you could do a "taxonomy_mytags",
module based around the term_node.uid addition (which, in my current
core patch, doesn't work, but should tonight or tomorrow)?

--
Morbus Iff ( i've eaten fruity pebbles with p-diddy )