[drupal-devel] propstar.module is no longer?

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Thu Mar 24 15:48:23 UTC 2005

> I have a copy of the propstar module, and another with a few fixes
> from me. I could import that to CVS. Create project, etc.
> The module files do not have any licence or author information, not
> even a readme.txt. Only code. That's public domain, anyone can use for
> any purpose, no?

No, you can't use it. Since he didn't put it into the Drupal CVS in the
first place, it doesn't inherit Drupal's GPL. And since there is no
LICENSE specifying otherwise, it defaults to a copyrighted work by the
original creator, which means we can't use it whatsoever as the basis for
new updates or code. He'd have to publicly relicense it under the GPL
before we'd be able to update/CVS, etc.

--
Morbus Iff ( you are nothing without your robot car, NOTHING! )
Spidering Hacks: http://amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596005776/disobeycom