[drupal-devel] drupal.css, again (still)

Adrian Simmons adrinux at gmail.com
Wed May 18 21:51:06 UTC 2005

Moshe Weitzman wrote:
> instead, core themes and themes that
> want this file add that line to their <head> section manually.
I made a patch that did this back in January, see comment 13 on
http://drupal.org/node/13095

Another approach is just @import drupal.css at the start of your stylesheet.

But *both* these approaches have a problem.
Currently stylesheets are linked in the following order:
drupal.css
module specific module.css
theme's style.css

Doing as you suggest (or using my patch) means module.css will be linked in
before drupal.css - something that might cause problems, and certainly means
modules can't overide core styles.

drupal.css isn't all that crufty and a hell of a lot of it is necessary.

I've pretty much moved camps and am now firmly in Steven's 'we need drupal.css
but lets clean it up' camp.

--
adrinux (aka Adrian Simmons) <http://adrinux.perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at gmail.com>