[development] One core, many distributions

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Sat Nov 19 18:52:17 UTC 2005

> The problem is: currently we are pretending Drupal -core- to be too many
> things at the same time, mostly that great developer platform (1), but
> also an out of the box ready to use community portal (2) or kind of
> that. And the consequence is we are handling too many issues when fixing
> bugs for 'Drupal core' that are too specific of some more 'user level,
> site specific' modules.

Without a doubt, blog or aggregator is not the same level of functionality
as node or taxonomy not to mention the required modules.

Here is a proposed core set:

block
comment
filter
help
locale (because this lets you change strings so its always useful)
menu
node
path
search
story
system
taxonomy
throttle
upload
user
watchdog

(hope I have not missed any required ones :) )

Regards

NK