[drupal-devel] Drupal and GPL3

Kai Mai kai.mailbox at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 18:49:12 UTC 2005

Please correct me if I am wrong.
If existing codes of a project are licensed under GPL 2, and if someone from
that project wants to license the codes with GPL 3 that command, EVERY code
owner or contributor will need to agree on using the *new* license.

realistically, if at least one ojbects the change, the codes can't be
licensed with the new license.

so GPL3 with that command doesn't apply to most of the existing projects. or
someone can fork an project and apply the GPL 3 license.

It can be used on any new project though.