[drupal-devel] icons : go for tango

vlado vlado at dikini.net
Tue Oct 25 10:39:49 UTC 2005

> I propose that we add a line to the develops guidelines that if we include
> icons, we use the Tango ones.
> Otherwise we will end up with various styles, inconsistent looks and a lot of
> reinvented weels.
>
> http://tango-project.org/Tango_Icon_Gallery
>
> << The Tango Desktop Project exists to create a consistent user experience for
> free and Open Source software with graphical user interfaces.>>

I agree in principle, but shouldn't we be able to choose from a larger
pool of iconsets. Don't get me wrong - I don't propose custom iconsets
in 4.7 - that will be too much, with too little time left. No, I suggest
if choosing a default iconset then consider the ones in openclipart.
http://openclipart.freedesktop.org

Namewise the different icon-themes should be compatible.