[drupal-devel] [bug] Layout of the files tables

Junyor drupal-devel at drupal.org
Sun Sep 18 09:56:54 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/31354
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/31354

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
-Component:    upload.module
+Component:    file system
 Category:     bug reports

Here's a patch with the proposed changes.  This is completely untested.
I don't know SQL very well, so I'm sure I've done something wrong.  I'll
hopefully be able to do testing later today.

Junyor

Previous comments:

Fri, 16 Sep 2005 00:55:42 +0000 : Souvent22

I think that the files table has too much redundat data in it since we
now have the new revisions system. I think another table to link
revisions to files would be more appropriate.

Fri, 16 Sep 2005 14:17:55 +0000 : Junyor

I agree.  NID and VID should be removed, making a new table containing
FID, NID, and VID with all three as keys.