[drupal-devel] Admin theme

James Walker walkah at walkah.net
Mon Sep 26 15:49:00 UTC 2005

On 26-Sep-05, at 9:51 AM, Bèr Kessels wrote:

> On Monday 26 September 2005 16:02, Robert Douglass wrote:
>
>> But why stop there? If you're going to make a theme-switching
>> mechanism
>> that is built-in, easy to use and runs on regexps, why not work
>> the bugs
>> out of Bèr's sections module, make it easy to use, and make that
>> core?
>> Ship it with two themes blumarine and admin, with reasonable default
>> regexps.
>>

> Its absolutely a TINY module (fifteen lines or so). All it needs is
> to use the
> regexp functions from blocks (they need to be updated to become
> APIs and
> prolly moved to common.inc then).
> All bugs and usability issues with it, are currently because I have
> had no
> time to do this.
>
> The mayor part of the module now is just copy-pasted (and slightly
> broken)
> (old) code from blocks.module.

Ok... but I thought one of the big pushes for the admin theme camp is
that there would be one true admin theme to rule them all... so that
administration of a drupal site was uniform , and thus much easier to
document (i.e. where to click, etc) ... then that information can be
reliably written in docs (and books) without a "theme depenedent"
caveat.

or am i missing something 'cause I'm not a usability guy?

--
James Walker :: http://walkah.net/