[development] Restricting hook_db_rewrite_sql

Rob Thorne rob at torenware.com
Sun Apr 16 20:10:31 UTC 2006

Earl Miles wrote:

> That's primarily because most node queries are type agnostic. That's
> why there is a node_access table.

Well, yeah.  Which I'm using:  I've defined a realm field for
node_access for what I'm doing, and among other things, I'm using
hook_db_rewrite_sql to use it;
civinode_get_accesses_for_user($user->uid) identifies which of these
node_access fields is relevant to the current user.

The documentation does not make it clear what it means to be a
$primary_table,  although it would help if it did.  I only use the field
because in most of the cases I actually want to affect,  I assume that
$primary_table is either "node" or an alias to it.  This particular
query is failing because Moshe is doing his rewrite with "og" as the
table.  I don't need or want to modify his query, but only discovered
the problem via the error logs.

Rob