[development] Giving form_alter an $op and calling it more than once.

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Tue Apr 18 12:22:16 UTC 2006

On 18 Apr 2006, at 11:14 AM, drupal wrote:
> $ops are messages, hooks are a kind of a message as well.
> Implementing a
> fixed, well defined set of messages called on every single hook call
> will make it a performance nightmare.
my idea is to separate the callback registration out of the menu system,
and make all the callbacks we can address (ie: nodeapi/load) be
stacked onto
the callbacks via the forms api callback format. Hooks are just
automatic callbacks.

ie:
$callbacks['nodeapi/load']['my_function_here'] = array('args', 'here');

Also, keep in mind these are flat lists. not nested arrays like forms
api.
They don't need to be processed into the tree like the menu array does.

--
Adrian Rossouw
Drupal developer and Bryght Guy