[development] formsapi question: saving additional fields' data

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Wed Apr 26 04:27:09 UTC 2006

On 26 Apr 2006, at 3:11 AM, Darrel O'Pry wrote:

> In comparison to the hook model where all the modules are scanned
> through testing if a particular callback exists, and not being able to
> say stuff like on  don't use nodeapi from inline.module on these
> callbacks in a centralized place, beside whatever admin interface
> inline.module implements....
Yeah. I think we need to give some serious love to our 'menu' system,
and
extract the important part (registering callbacks), into a more
generic callback
system.

I've been wracking my brain on just this, as I start turning the
cogwheels for fapi 2.0.
Fixing the callback system is one of the primary requirements before
any serious
work can begin on that.

But anyway. enough idle chitchat. 4.7 isn't out yet.

*eyes the warden to make sure he hasn't been noticed*

--
Adrian Rossouw
Drupal developer and Bryght Guy