[development] Re: InnoDB and accesslog/ watchdog

Ken Rickard agentrickard at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 14:27:37 UTC 2006

Gerhard,

I may be a little late, but want to answer this.

> Is there anybody who prefers innodb for
> logging tables and would prefer to not change them to myisam?

Yes.  At a large-scale site, InnoDB is much preferred.  Our MySQL admin is
working on a patchfile for database.4.1.mysql that installs log tables as
InnoDB by default for our installations.

I'm not sure this alters the conversation, but wanted to go on record.

- Ken Rickard
agentrickard