[development] New Themes for New Drupal

Adam Cooper adam.j.cooper at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 08:32:09 UTC 2006

On 8/31/06, Jeff Eaton <jeff at viapositiva.net> wrote:
> Gildas Cotomale wrote:
> > I was just asking myself if Drupal shouldn't integrate those stufs:
> > <http://webfx.eae.net/dhtml/pngbehavior/pngbehavior.html> .htc for
> > PNGs transparencies
> > <http://www.xs4all.nl/~peterned/csshover.html> .htc for pseudo-classes
> > :hover, :active, :focus
> > <http://dean.edwards.name/IE7/> .js for better css support...
> > So themers may concentrated on standart css without either wasting
> > time with IE compatibily or reinventing the whell.. :/
> I'm going to say -1 on adding IE specific .htc files and so on. The
> three items you mention in particular are fixed in IE7 (or at least, are
> supposed to be), and that will be pushed to IE6 users via Windows
> Update. People actively using CSS selectors like that should also know
> about the (relatively) straightforward workarounds for IE6. Hard-coding
> them into Drupal, save where they're absolutely necessary, means less
> flexibility for designers in the future as the problems are fixed.

Just a note, but the Dean Edwards javascript covers the functionality
offered by the first two .htcs and has been mentioned on various MSDN
blogs as an good way to create IE7 compat. sites that behave on IE6 or
under, without hacks, workarounds, voodoo etc.

The IE7 developers vehemently believe all such items should be placed
in conditional tags.

Adam