[development] pluggable sessions patch should be ready

Robert Douglass rob at robshouse.net
Thu Aug 31 15:54:19 UTC 2006

Thanks to the people who responded and reviewed the patch. It has
changed a bit since the first time. I'll summarize:

- there was a flaw in the logic behind the query in user.module that
counted the online authenticated users (didn't account for users who
logged off explicitely)
- user_logout was calling session_destroy (the php function) instead of
sess_destroy (our override of that function). Changing this removed the
necessity of handling a second parameter to sess_destroy: it now only
accepts $uid as a parameter.
- drupal_count_sessions has been renamed to sess_count for consistency.

A second review would be appreciated.