[development] Rename hook_menu ?

Michael Favia michael at favias.org
Tue Dec 12 21:19:50 UTC 2006

Karoly Negyesi wrote:
> Today it was raised in #drupal that hook_menu has so little to do with
> menus nowadays that

I was initially confused by this and underestimated the hooks importance
and functionality. At first i thought the name wasn't as important as
it's proper documentation as a pillar of the drupal system. But after a
moment of reflection, I remember being confused by this on my first time
through as well.

I'm not saying the documentation isn't there I'm just relating that i
didn't find it by default like I found FAPI and the other hooks
intuitive, etc probably because it was called a Menu system and I
discounted it as what i was looking for. Anything more descriptive
sounds good to me. Control, route, path, etc. I hope I would have
noticed any of those for what they are.
-mf