[development] Seems I need to take sandbox in my own hands

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Sat Dec 16 17:53:29 UTC 2006

A sandbox is just that: a play area for collaboration.

Restricting it to core patches is unrealistic to say the least. It will
hinder code sharing, collaboration, ...etc. Karoly has given examples of why
this approach is of value.

If this is just enforcing a rule, then the correct way to reevaluate why
this rule is there and come out with the best policy for NOW, not just go
forward with a decision that may have had valid reasons in the past.

Was there any abuse of sandboxes? I am not aware of any having monitored cvs
commits for several months.

Can we please reconsider/reevalute?