[development] Seems I need to take sandbox in my own hands

Chad Phillips -- Apartment Lines chad at apartmentlines.com
Sun Dec 17 20:11:04 UTC 2006

i'm just going to toss this out there as a general proposal:

1. move the sandbox completely out of the contrib repo, and make a
new one -- this has the dual benefit of moving our 'messy' space away
from our 'clean' space, and making the checkouts of the contrib repo
faster/cleaner.  you can then checkout the mess if you choose to.  :)

2. in the new 'sandbox' repo, put a limit on how much each user can
have in their active folder -- maybe 1 or 2 MB, which should be
plenty for an experimental code home.  i think this would be a pretty
easy thing to implement.  this would allay any bandwidth/space
concerns about our chaotic space.

i love the idea of having a more clear policy of what goes where, and
setting up systems that encourage collaboration.  i feel that a
community place for chaos belongs in that map somewhere...